Monday, June 28, 2010

Homemade Fettucine Carbonara

Just because we still got some left over ingredients from the Alfredo we made last week, extra fettucine and parmesan cheese, so we made carbonara this week. More like he made it.

So this is the list of the new ingredients for carbonara:

Bacon chips (we couldn't get bacon bits, so we had to cut it ourselves)
2 cups (400ml) of pure cream
1 pack of parmesan cheese (preferably, freshly grated ones)
4 eggs
  1. Fry the bacon with just a bit of olive oil, because bacon will produce its own oil. Medium heat.
  2. Meanwhile, mix the cream, cheese and 4 eggs. (depends there are how many of them to feed, and don't use too much of cheese.) Stir throughly.
  3. Cook the fettucine in boiling salted water at the side.
  4. Drain the pasta if cooked.
  5. Then pour the pasta into the pan with the bacons.
  6. Add the eggs, cream and cheese mixture.
  7. Mix well, make sure the pasta is coated with the creamy sauce.
  8. Season with salt and ground black pepper, and extra parmesan cheese handed around separately.
Remember to cut the bacon into bits.

Not really THAT good, still can improve ;D

"I'ma do the things that I wanna do,
I ain't got a thing to prove to you,
I eat my candy with the pork and beans,
excuse my manners if I make a scene."

Pork and Beans - Weezer.

No comments: