Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fettucine All'Alfredo


"This simple recipe was invented by a Roman restaurateur called Alfredo, who became famous for serving it with a gold fork and spoon."

Too bad I used stainless steel ones. =.=

I have always loved pasta. And Alfredo seemed to be the easiest to make, but the ingredients are quite costly.

Oh yea one thing, my so-called Alfredo not the kind of ready-made alfredo gravy in a packaging can or glass container one ok, my alfredo gravy here is 100% homemade *proud*

So this is what the boyfriend and I prepared for the pasta:

Preparation: 1-2 minutes. Cooking: 10-12 minutes.

Parmesan cheese, shaved & plus extra to serve (preferably freshl
y grated ones, depending on how you like your dish)
1/2 cup of President butter (or just normal butter)
2 cups (400ml) of Pure cream (even better, get double cream)
Fettucine
Salt & ground black pepper for seasoning


When cooking,

  1. Cook the fettucine in salted water until boil for few minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, add the butter in a hot large pan, then pour the pure cream. Let it boil.
  3. Add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (remember: extra for serving)
  4. Season it with salt and ground black pepper. Taste.
  5. Turn off heat, add the cooked fettucine, mixed it. Make sure it is all coated with the gravy.
  6. SERVE when hot with extra parmesan cheese handed around separately.
As for us, we prefer it to be really creamy and cheesy. What an awesome job we did in the kitchen.

p/s: can't wait for the boyfriend to cook salmon for me ;D ;D ;D

"Better shut up or get shot down,
it's all about the know how all just a matter of taste,
stop telling me the way I gotta play now,
too much food on my plate."

Too Much Food - Jason Mraz

No comments: