Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chocolate French Toast

This isn't the first time I cook already, but it was my first time trying 2 new dishes. Nik and I were tired of eating out too often so we decided some dishes to make and picked up the ingredients at supermarket.

The first dish was Chocolate French Toast. Caught the recipe on AFC, and thought it was a different kinda thing to try out. Haha.

Here are some tips from me, do not use the normal white wholemeal bread that you always eat like I did, try using french loaf instead, because normal white wholemeal bread are waaay too soft.
And, when making good french toast isn't really about the way you mix the mixture, it's all about the heat and the pan. Medium-Low is perfect.

4 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of brown sugar (you can add more if you like your toast sweeter)

Mix that all up and soak the bread. Then at the pan, add olive oil & a pat of butter to cook your bread.


You might be wondering why not use those melted chocolate for it instead of cocoa powder, well, the chef on the show I was watching was right, because cocoa powder has a lot of true chocolate flavor in it, unlike those normal milk chocolates.

Try it yourself at home. You'll love it ;D

"This could be the very minute,
I'm aware I'm alive,
all these places feel like home."

Chocolate - Snow Patrol.

No comments: