Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Review: Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer

I don't really remember when was the last time I did a book review. Lol. But one thing is for sure I never stop reading.


I finished this book about 2 weeks ago. To be honest, I am still amazed with how this book turned out. Jeffrey Archer is an amazing story teller. Ok. Basically the story started off with Danny Cartwright proposed to his girlfriend Beth, and then they went to a bar to celebrate their engagement with Beth's brother, also Danny's best buddy, Bernie Wilson. That was the night of the beginning of a nightmare, when Bernie was stabbed to death at the back alley of the bar.


With 4 prosecution witness (one's a popular actor, a barrister, an aristocrat, and the youngest law firm partner) against Danny, who couldn't read or write. So who's going to believe that Danny was innocent?


Danny was sentenced to 22 years at the top security prison where no prisoner has ever escaped. But the 4 prosecution witnesses underestimated Danny and Beth's determination to seek justice. Jeffrey Archer's amazing tale starts right there.


This book is filled with amazement, the adrenaline rush, and humor. And until you turn the last page of this book, you will be amazed at how the story is flawlessly crafted. I highly recommend it.


Oh, before I forget. I picked up this book randomly at Bookalicious, Summit Subang because of the price of the book. It was a hard cover, veryyy thick. With original price RM94.90, they were selling it at RM19.90. I KNOW RIGHT?? Do check out the bookstore. It offers wonderful prices for good books, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.


"Have you read my blog today,
300 million little USAs,
your doorstep is just a click away,
we'll get together one of these days."

Slice - Five For Fighting

No comments: