Thursday, April 16, 2009

Best friend?



Someone asked me this out of the blue: Do you have a best friend?

I answered without thinking: No. Do I even have to think?

Her mouth fell open.

Really, I don't have a best friend, maybe not yet. For my whole entire life, I remember only having one in primary school. That time we were separated into different classes, then we drifted apart. The next thing I knew, she moved to Penang without even telling me. Yea, after that I became a loner. In high school I found many good friends, friends who used to hang out in a gang together. Now all of us went to different colleges after SPM, and we sometimes still see each other.

I have plenty of really good friends until now. "Friends" used to be a sensitive topic to me, because I was many times being used by friends. Since then, I've been very careful.

But until now sometimes I'm still too blind to see which friend is good or not. Recently I've been very disappointed with a friend. Friends don't storm off without a word just like that. Friends don't call bitch to their friends just because of some silly matter. To be honest, I don't lose anything losing that friend, I finally realized.

Everyone wants a best friend to know each other's mind and situation. I envy those who has a best buddy whom they can do twin stuff with. But I really appreciate those who are very, very, very incredibly good friend to me, I'm very happy and indeed lucky to have you guys in my college life, love you guys always..

*Names were not listed to protect identities.

No comments: