Sunday, July 1, 2012

Book review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green



Simply. Beautiful.

I picked up this book at Popular bookstore. I thought the short synopsis at the back of the book was interesting enough, not to mention it has Jodi Picoult's review on it. And true enough, I wasn't disappointed.

This book delivers important messages of the power of imagination, loyalty and love. An adventure of how this imaginary friend, Budo, went on to save his human friend, Max, who was in serious trouble. Basically, imaginary friends poof off when the human friend dies, or simply stop believing in them. Imaginary friends can be in many forms and with different abilities, all depends on their human friends' imagination. And that's all I can tell you about imaginary friends, you really need to read it yourself to understand more. The further you read, the more nerve-wrecking it is. I was almost of out my seat reading the final chapters, and I couldn't put down the book, even I didn't do that when I was reading The Hunger Games. Lol.

If you have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, you'll find this somewhat similiar, in ways of narrating. Because this isn't your typical books with long sentences and complex logic, it's simple, straightforward, and somewhat humorous. You might think that simple books like this won't be interesting, but I tell you, you won't be disappointed. Highly recommended, it will capture you completely.

I tweeted that I bought this book with a twitpic of the book. And then guess what? The author himself replied me!


After I finished the book 3 days later, I tweeted him back, kind of as a thank-you. Actually I tweet about what books I just bought and read, everytime. 


I really wish this book makes it to the bestselling list. So that I can say "I told you so".

A random snapshot to end my Saturday. 


Enjoy your Sunday while you still can. Go anywhere you want, don't care what your boyfriend says, make him drive you.

Am I the only who thinks "Call Me Maybe" is a stupid song? 

"Oh why's this world keeps spinning,
you and I keep fishing flying kites,
and wishing for something nice,
and I know there's missing with every chance I'm taking,
but this and that is life."

This and That Is Life - David Choi

No comments: