Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's all in your head

"As for me, Headers are pretty much personal.
Unconsciously we're judged by our header.
It's like a first impression to me, I suppose."

- Joseph Lee

I've been hunting around for a nice header since I started blogging. It seems like the best part of one's blog is the way the header present itself. Looking through my friends' blogs and all... I find that Ivan has the nicest header of us all.

I left my header blank for the first few months after creating my territory, just my blog name and description. Then one day in college I happened to be blogging about MJ's death with Jason, I randomly asked him, "How did you do your header?"

He answered me with an ridiculously simple answer, without even looking up. I guess you can even guess what it is.

"Google."

And thanks to Google, I have found my very first header that you first see when you view this blog.

I even thought of using this,


But then, Shen did it before I could. I had nothing to blame on except for myself for being too slow. Well, whatever.

Just about last week, I received an email from Joseph. I have no idea how he got my email address, to be honest.


Yeap, a blog header is the grand prize (:

Seriously, I've wanted my very very own header so badly all along. Why?, you ask?

And believe it or not, my one and only reason is awesome-ly simple and breathtaking-ly true.


Zero plagiarism.


I bet you don't want your friend or anyone else to go like, "Hey, you got your blog header from www.whatever-it-may-be.com right?" or even worse: You stumbled upon a random blog that has the same header as yours. *Thunder strikes*

You susah payah typed in "Blog header" on Google.com and hundreds/thousands of all the websites were listed out. Going through all the trouble of choosing/clicking/downloading/cropping and in the end, you still can't completely call the header as your own. And like what the man himself said, it's gonna be personal!

Some people are even using typography as their header. Interesting.


Or some people are a little bit more original, uploading their own photos to create their own header. But the problem is, isn't this method a little too popular and it's becoming a trend already?


I would love to create my own, unfortunately the lack of knowledge of doing so is what pulling me back.

My first day back at college isn't that bad after all.

"Oh kids don't fight it,
you gotta keep on shining,
you ain't no sidekick,
get your bike and ride it,
keep on climbing,
reach the top and sign it,
life goes by quick so you don't let the time tick."

Revolution In The Head - Girls Aloud.

No comments: